Chapter II: Apprentices and Their Training
Section 4: Contract of Apprenticeship
(1) No person shall be engaged as an apprentice to undergo apprenticeship training in a designated trade unless such person or, if he is a minor, his guardian has entered into a contract of apprenticeship with the employer.
(2) The apprenticeship training shall be deemed to have commenced on the date on which the contract of apprenticeship has been entered into under sub-section (1).
(3) Every contract of apprenticeship may contain such terms and conditions as may be agreed to by the parties to the contract:
Provided that no such term or condition shall be inconsistent with any provision of this Act or any rule made thereunder.
(4) Every contract of apprenticeship entered into under sub-section (1) shall be sent by the employer within such period as may be prescribed to the Apprenticeship Adviser for registration.
(5) The Apprenticeship Adviser shall not register a contract of apprenticeship unless he is satisfied that the person described as an apprentice in the contract is qualified under this Act for being engaged as an apprentice to undergo apprenticeship training in the designated trade specified in the contract.
(6) Where the Central Government, after consulting the Central Apprenticeship Council, makes any rule varying the terms and conditions of apprenticeship training of any category of apprentices undergoing such training, then, the terms and conditions of every contract of apprenticeship relating to that category of apprentices and subsisting immediately before the making of such rule shall be deemed to have been modified accordingly.
Appointment Letter/Contract of Employment
Apprentices - Hiring of an Apprentice
Employee Joining The Company
Format 1 - Rule 14: Model Contract of Apprenticeship Training
Format 4 - Rule 14: Eligibility Certificate for Trade Test
Schedule VI - Rule 6: Terms And Conditions of the Contract of Apprenticeship