Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and working Conditions) Act
Chapter IV - Registration of Building Workers as Beneficiaries
Section 12: REGISTRATION OF BUILDING WORKERS AS BENEFICIARIES
(1) Every building worker who has completed eighteen years of age, but has not completed sixty years of age, and who has been engaged in any building or other construction work for not less than ninety days during the preceding twelve months shall be eligible for registration as a beneficiary under this Act.
(2) An application for registration shall be made in such form, as may be prescribed, to the officer authorised by the Board in this behalf.
(3) Every application under sub-section (2) shall be accompanied by such documents together with such fee not exceeding fifty rupees as may be prescribed.
(4) If the officer authorised by the Board under sub-section (2) is satisfied that the applicant is complied with the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder, he shall register the name of the building worker as a beneficiary under this Act :
Provided that an application for registration shall not be rejected without giving the application an opportunity of being heard.
(5) Any person aggrieved by the decision under sub-section (4) may, within thirty days from the date of such decision, prefer an appeal to the Secretary of the Board or any office specified by the Board in this behalf and the decision of the Secretary or such other officer on such appeal shall be final :
Provided that the Secretary of any other officer specified by the Board in this behalf may entertain the appeal after the expiry of the said period of thirty days if he is satisfied that the building worker was prevented by sufficient cause from filing the appeal in time.
(6) The Secretary of Board shall cause to maintain such registers as may be prescribed.