Employee State Insurance Act
Corporation, Standing Committee and Medical Benefit Council
Section 16: Principal Officers
[(1) The Central Government may, in consultation with the Corporation, appoint a Director General and a Financial Commissioner.]
(2) The Director General shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation.
(3) [The Director General and the Financial Commissioner] shall be whole- time officers of the Corporation and shall not undertake any work unconnected with their office without the sanction of the Central Government [and of the Corporation].
(4) [The Director General or the Financial Commissioner] shall hold office for such period, not exceeding five years, as may be specified in the order appointing him. An outgoing [Director General or Financial Commissioner] shall be eligible for re-appointment if he is otherwise qualified.
(5) [The Director General or the Financial Commissioner] shall receive such salary and allowances as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(6) A person shall be disqualified from being appointed as or for being (the Director General or the Financial Commissioner] if he is subject to any of the disqualifications specified in Section 13.
(7) The Central Government may at any time remove [the Director General or the Financial Commissioner] from office and shall do so if such removal is recommended by a resolution of the Corporation passed at a special meeting called for the purpose and supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds of the total strength of the Corporation.