Employee State Insurance Act
Section 58: Provision of medical treatment by State Government
(1) The State Government shall provide for insured persons and (where such benefit is extended to their families) their families in the State, reasonable medical surgical and obstetric treatment;
Provided that the State Government may, with the approval of the Corporation, arrange for medical treatment at clinics of medical practitioners on such scale and subject to such terms and conditions as may be agreed upon.
(2) Where the incidence of sickness benefit payment to insured persons in any State is found to exceed the all-India average the amount of such excess shall be shared between the Corporation and the State Government in such proportion as may be fixed by agreement between them :
Provided that the Corporation may in any case waive the recovery of the whole or any part of the share which is to be borne by the State Government.
(4) The Corporation may enter into an agreement with a State Government in regard to the nature and scale of the medical treatment that should be provided to insured persons and (where such medical benefit is extended to the families) their families (including provision of buildings, equipment, medicines and staff) and for the sharing of the cost thereof and of any excess in the incidence of sickness benefit to insured persons between the Corporation and the State Government.
(5) The State Government may, in addition to the Corporation under the Act, with the previous approval of the Central Government, establish such organisation(by whatever name called) to provide fr certain benefits to employee in case of sickness, maternity ad employment injury.
Provided that any reference to the State Government in the Act shall also include reference to the organisation as and when such organisation is established by the State Government.
(6) The organisation referred to in sub-section(5) shall have such structure and discharge functions, exercise powers and undertake such activities as may be prescribed.
ESI (Employee State Insurance)