Chapter I - Preliminary
Section 7: Notice by occupier
(1) The occupier shall, at least fifteen days before he begins to occupy or use any premises as a factory, send to the Chief Inspector a written notice containing -
(a) The name and situation of the factory;
(b) The name and address of the occupier;
(bb)The name and address of the owner of the premises or building (including the precincts thereof ) referred to in section 93 ;
(c) the address to which communication relating to the factory may be sent ;
(d) the nature of the manufacturing process-
(i) Carried on in the factory during the last twelve months in the case of factories in existence on the date of the commencement of this Act; and
(ii)to be carried on in the factory during the next twelve months in the case of all factories;
(e)the total rated horse power installed or to be installed in the factory, which shall not include the rated horse power of any separate standby plant ;
(f) the name of the manager of the factory for the purposes of this Act ;
(g) the number of workers likely to be employed in the factory;
(h) the average number of workers per day employed during the last twelve months in the case of a factory in existence on the date of commencement of this Act ;
(i) such other particulars as may be prescribed.
(2) In respect of all establishments which come within the scope of the Act for the first time, the occupier shall send a written notice to the Chief Inspector containing the particulars specified in sub-section (1) within thirty days, from the date of the commencement of this Act.
(3) Before a factory engaged in a manufacturing process which is ordinarily carried on for less than one hundred and eight working days in the year resumes working, the occupier shall send a written notice to the Chief Inspector containing the particulars specified in sub-section (1) at least thirty days before the date of the commencement of work.
(4) Whenever a new manger is appointed, the occupier shall send to the Inspector a written notice and to the Chief Inspector a copy thereof within seven days from the date on which such person takes over charge.
(5) During any period for which no person has been designated as manager of a factory or during which the person designated does not manage the factory, any person found acting as manager, or if no such person is found , the occupier himself , shall be deemed to be the manger of the factory for the purposes of this act.
Change In Registration Details Of Factory
Change of Manager of a Factory
Occupation of a Factory Premise
Resumption Of Work In A Factory
Startup of a New Establishment or Factory