Who we are
What we do
How we work
What we think
New around here? Sign up
APPRENTICES ACT, 1961
- Apprenticeship Rules, 1992
Choose another act
Apprentices Act, 1961
Boilers Act, 1923
Building Contruction Workers Act, 1996
Building Contruction Workers Central Rules, 1998
Building Contruction Workers Cess Act, 1996
Central Child Labour Rules, 1988
Central Contract Labour Creche Rules, 1971
Central Contract Labour Rules, 1971
Central Gratuity Rules, 1972
Central ID Rules, 1957
Central Minimum Wages Rules, 1950
Central Standing Orders Rules, 1946
Central Workmens Compensation Rules, 1924
Child Labour Act, 1986
Code on Wages Act, 2019
Contract Labour Act, 1970
Dangerous Machines Act, 1983
Employees Compensation Act, 1923
Employers Liability Act, 1938
Employment Exchanges Act, 1959
Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
ESI Act, 1948
Exemptions From Registers and Returns Act, 1988
Factories Act, 1948
Fatal Accidents Act, 1855
Gratuity Act, 1972
ID (Banking and Insurance Companies) Act, 1949
Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
Industrial Relations Code, 2020
Inter-State Migrant Workmen Act, 1979
Inter-State Migrant Workmen Central Rules, 1980
Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
Mines Act, 1952
Minimum Wages Act, 1948
Motor Transport Workers Act, 1961
Occupational Safety and Working Conditions Code, 2020
Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Act, 1995
Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
Payment of Wages (Air Transport Services) Rules, 1968
Payment of Wages Act, 1936
PF Act, 1952
Plantations Labour Act, 1951
Prevention of Sexual Harassment Act, 2013
Prevention of Sexual Harassment of Women Rules, 2013
PSARA Central Rules, 2006
Sales Promotion Employees Act, 1976
Social Security Code, 2020
Standing Orders Act, 1946
Trade Unions Act, 1926
Transgender Persons Act, 2019
Unorganised Workers Social Security Act, 2008
Weekly Holidays Act, 1942
Working Journalists Act, 1955
Working Journalists Rates of Wages Act, 1958
View/Print complete act
Chapter I: Preliminary
1. Short title, extent, commencement and application.
Chapter II: Apprentices and Their Training
3. Qualifications for being engaged as an apprentice
3-A. Reservation of training places for the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes in designated trades.
3-B. Reservation of training places for Other Backward Classes in designated trades
4. Contract of Apprenticeship
5. Novation of contract of apprenticeship.
6. Period of apprenticeship training.
7. Termination of apprenticeship contract.
8. Number of apprentices for a designated trade.
9. Practical and basic training of apprentices.
10. Related instruction of apprentices.
11. Obligations of employers
12. Obligations of apprentices
13. Payment to apprentices
14. Health, safety and welfare of apprentices.
15. Hours of work, overtime, leave and holidays.
16. Employer's liability for compensation for injury.
17. Conduct and discipline.
18. Apprentices are trainees and not workers.
19. Records and returns
20. Settlement of disputes
21. Holding of test and grant of certificate and conclusion of training.
22. Offer and acceptance of employment.
Chapter III: Authorities
24. Constitution of Councils.
25. Vacancies not to invalidate acts and proceedings
26. Apprenticeship Advisers
27. Deputy and Assistant Apprenticeship Advisers
28. Apprenticeship Advisers to be public servants
29. Powers of entry, inspection, etc
30. Offences and penalties
31. Penalty where no specific penalty is provided
32. Offences by companies
33. Cognizance of offences
34. Delegation of powers
35. Construction of references
36. Protection of action taken in good faith
37. Power to make rules